Saturday, September 18, 2010

This week's top five...

Here are five web sites / artcles / documents that I've come across in the last week or so and found very interesting...
  • Build IT: Underwater LEGO Robotics - I think this site might contain the most impressive and practical set of curriculum resources relating to a particular challenge that I've ever seen.
  • Robotics Design Studio - Another great site, including resources and a project museum that showcases some fabulous robotics creations.
  • Math and LEGO - This is document, by Tufts undergrad Sarah Tavares, is a collection of ideas for teaching mathematics concepts using LEGO materials. Seeing this collection has helped me to accept that I should do something similar, focusing on the concepts in my year 11/12 Mathematics course back home.
  • Can Math Help in LEGO Robotics Competitions? - As far as I can tell, this is a unique piece of research. This morning I had a good chat with the article's author, Eli Silk, about this and his related work. I'm looking forward to learning more about what he has been doing.
  • LEGO Boardroom Table - Nothing to do with my study here at Tufts, but I thought it was fun and somewhat inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment